The world of advertising,
Is a crazy one. You have to constantly find ways to keep the public interested or to get any attention at all really. Which is probably why companies take a step further every time. Sometimes too far, because I got some illegal fashion ads for you.
I actually kinda stole this article from i-D magazine, it’s just too good not to share! For example, did you know the Bruce Weber ad up here was forbidden because there’s an underage girl in an unsafe situation in it? So interesting right? Down here some other illegal fashion ads and the reason why.
- Miu Miu – too young (this girl is actually 22, but they found her too young looking for that pose)
- Diesel – too dangerous (I get that)
- Saint Laurent – too skinny
- Dior – too much photoshop
- American Apparel – too sexual (what’s new here)
- Marc Jacobs – too sexual
- Tom Ford – too sexual (way too sexual actually, I kinda get that too)
- Lancôme – too much photoshop
- Rogue – too sexy (it’s Rihanna, hard not to)
- Louis Vuitton – too untrue (those bags are totally machine work)