Sometimes you just,
Need a little motivation. When you don’t feel like the fashionable girl you’re supposed to be, being a fashion blogger and all. So what do you do? Remember the things the gods of fashion told you. Well, not you specific, but you get the point right? Also, don’t take this too seriously. I put a – not so charming – picture of me laughing out loud up here for a reason.
- “Walk like you have three men walking behind you.” – Oscar de la Renta
Shake those hips, baby!
- “Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.” – Coco Chanel
Inspiration for that next outfit is everywhere, you just have to look around.
- “Whoever said that money cant buy happiness, simply didn’t know where to go shopping.” – Bo Derek
Seriously, they obviously didn’t.
- “Style is a way to say who you are without having to speak.” – Rachel Zoe
But wait, why are we still explaining our outfits then?
- “Style is knowing who you are, what you want to say, and not giving a damn.” – Orson Welles
So shut up and stop judging yourself!
- “It’s not about the dress you wear, but the life you lead in the dress” – Diana Vreeland
- “Luxury must be comfortable, otherwise it’s not luxury.” – Coco Chanel
Have you ever felt pretty in an uncomfortable outfit? Just sayin’.
- “If you can’t be better than your competition, just dress better.” – Anna Wintour
O, how many times I’ve though: ‘o well, at least my outfit is better than hers’. Works every time.
- “Girls do not dress for boys. They dress for themselves and, of course, each other. If girls dressed for boys they’d just walk around naked at all times.” – Betsey Johnson
Also seen on my Instagram recently, but too fun not to mention again.
Nice right? And just because I want too, I added three extra. These are from on of my favorite books: How to be a Parisian. Haven’t you read it? Go do that, because it’s too funny. Read and learn:
- “Don’t wear logos. You are not a billboard.”
- “Always be fuckable: when standing in line at the bakery on a Sunday morning, buying champagne in the middle of night or even picking the kids up from school. You never know.”
- “What you won’t find in her closet: A fake designer bag. Like fake breasts, you can’t fix your insecurities through forgery.”